Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Enthusiasm of a 3.5-Year Old



I wanted to post a picture of my daughter Olivia just before we were to attend her first swimming lesson at a local school's swimming pool. She has been talking non-stop about swimming lessons for the past month looking forward to this day. The class being offered is a parent-child class, and Olivia gave me the privilege of taking her into the pool. She woke up this morning constantly asking Kim if it was time to go. She wondered if she looked cute enough in her piggy tails. She asked who her teacher would be many times. Finally, Olivia and I were able to get in a pool that had Olivia shivering, and we worked on floating on her belly and her back. Her teacher Stephanie did a great job making the experience fun having us sing fun songs and play simple games that brought smiles and laughs between the teeth chattering. Olivia and I are really looking forward to next week's lesson.

No comments: