Wednesday, January 2, 2008

STRESS!!!!!!

I am trying to keep true to my goal and get an entry in before the midnight bell hits. The topic of the day for me has been stress. Tomorrow, I enter back into the work world looking to be hit by the tidal wave called reality. I am sure many of you experience this when you return to work. While you were gone, nobody finished up all the projects you left behind. In fact, the "to-do" list has probably grown exponentially! As I think about all I have to do to wrap up the semester, I am tempted to worry about how I will have enough time to get everything done.

I wish I were quicker to turn my concerns over to God. Too often I choose to take the load upon my shoulders so I can decide what path(s) to take. Usually, the end result of this decision is "grumpy Jim" as my wife would put it. I need to memorize or at least read again Mattthew 6 where Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." I am not being promised that my needs will disappear. I am simply being told to put my concerns in perspective. I have "needed" to be told that many times in my life. How about you?

No comments: